Dec 30, 2006

Charlotte’s Web: Dakota Fanning Interview

Devin Faraci, Cinematic Happenings Under Development, sat down with Dakota Fanning and filed this online report.

EB White’s Charlotte’s Web is one of the most beloved children’s books of all time. It has previously been adapted into a musical cartoon, but everything old gets remade again in Hollywood, and now there’s a live action version hitting theaters this weekend. There’s an all-star cast of animal voices, but the lead human is none other than the preternaturally mature Dakota Fanning.

To be honest, I find the people interviewing Dakota Fanning more interesting than she is. It’s not that Fanning is boring – she’s perky and sweet and well spoken even when going off what is obviously the script – it’s that the journalists never seem to know how to deal with her. This looks like a little girl, but the answers she gives are not the halting giggles most kiddie thesps give – Fanning is better at a junket roundtable than some seasoned adult actresses. But she doesn’t get annoyed when asked lame questions, but she gets very in to answering more adult questions. Next time I interview her I’d like to know what her thoughts are on the economic impacts of microlending.

Q: Would you like to have a pig for a pet?

Fanning: One day I definitely would. I worked with them fro so long – they’re so smart and so cute. How can you not love them? I think if you don’t love pigs, you’re a little bit weird.

Q: What actress is your role model?

Fanning: There are so many. I love Jodi Foster – I would love to be like her and Hilary Swank and Meryl Streep. There are so many wonderful actors and actresses, some that I have worked with and some I would love to work with in the future. (Read More)